Safety Is Job Number One
It is our policy to maintain the highest safety standards on our projects. Safety does not occur by chance but as a direct result of careful attention to all company operations. In our line of work, safety has to be front of mind every single day. Currently, we maintain a .64 Experience Modification Rating, with the industry average being 1.0 and the best being .54, our standing is almost unheard of in the commercial roofing industry. The lower, the better! Whether we are working on a new construction project that includes estimating, pre-planning, production, close-out, and beyond or we’re on a roof making a simple repair, from start to finish, safety is job number one.
Horizon’s Safety Protocol includes:
- Every new employee is given a copy of Horizon’s Safety Handbook to read and sign, acknowledging their acceptance of our safety-first policy.
- All field employees receive adequate training and education to learn the safest approach to job duties.
- We actively participate in the MNOSHA A Workplace Accident and Injury Reduction (AWAIR) Program, and all employees have access to their options.
- Weekly Toolbox Talks with tests sent out to all field employees to discuss a specific safety topic.
- Annual Safety Day to discuss policy changes, safety standards, inspect PPE, and equipment certificates.
- A company appointed Safety Committee, with presence from all departments, meets monthly to review current safety policies, recent job site inspections, and update our safety standards